Monday, May 30, 2011

Don't Fall Off Your Chairs...

OMG!  I can't believe how long it's been since my last post!  If I made a post every time I thought about making a post...I would be right up there with you guys!  I just can't seem to make the time to sit down, turn on the computer, write a post and hit the enter button! Let's just see how many new excuses I can come up with this time! I'm tied up a couple nights a week after work so by the time I get home, I don't feel like doing much of anything, then the other nights it seems the obsession with television takes over and not much else gets done.  It wasn't so bad when I had a DVR because I could tape my shows  and didn't have to worry about it.  Since getting rid of cable and only having the basic channels, if I don't watch it when it's on, I seem to think I won't be able to function!  Stupid, stupid, stupid!  I think if I missed a night of tv, the sun will still rise the next morning!  It drives my husband crazy... he could never turn the tv on and never feel like he missed a thing.  I wish I could  get to that point!

I did actually get some crafting done this week for my SIL for her new craft room!  She moved into her new house this weekend and she will now have a craft room all her own.  I was busy crafting up a storm and realized how much fun it is!  Wanna see what I actually got done???  Look...


I saw this blog post awhile back that had the cutest "buttons" made from the wooden bases of the glass domed cheese containers!  I started to mention them her that I had seen this idea so she could make them for herself but I decided to keep quiet and make them for her!  I actually found all of them from one trip to only one thrift store!  I could not believe my luck





After a little bit of sanding...
drilling a few holes...
and a little paint...
taadaa...



They actually look like big buttons!
And since she sews, I thought they would be perfect for her new room!

My next project...
I made a trip to Ikea to get some plain magazine holders
to spruce up and add a little color...




on my way to the register..
I happened across this pkg of 3 unfinished phote frames
that just begged to be taken home too!


before...
after...

I thought they turned out so cute!
As you can tell, her colors are pink and green.

And my most favorite project of all...


This is the title of one of her blogs! 
So... if you are looking for a couple of new blogs to follow,
check her out at Sandysewz and Sunflowerzcrochet.

That's about all of the crafting I've done lately.  I am still working
on my Gardener's Journal blocks and my retro embroidery blocks.
I didn't take a picture of the retro blocks yet but I have two more to stitch so
once I have those done I will post them.  They are done in bright colors
which are a total contrast to the Journal blocks!

Haven't worked much on the Granny Stripe blanket as I still don't have
air conditioning yet and it's a little heavy to be working on in my lap!

Well...I will sign off for now so I can actually read some of "your" blog posts!


Till next time...
                                                                                 

1 comment:

  1. I don't watch TV and I don't miss it. I watch DVDs or stream online Netflix, Hulu or Crackle and they have also TV shows if I want them, but I usually just have it on at night for company while I crochet.

    But, I do know myself. If I had cable or Satellite, I'd be hooked too, so I'm not getting it - yet ;-)

    What cute buttons! Those magazine holders are pretty too and the picture frames look so cheerful. You are very talented.

    The problem with me and blogging is that an individual post does not take long, but then you end up checking other blogs and leaving comments, then there is facebook to check in and several of my e-mails, then my Etsy shop, of course and various other places I sell (or try to) and before you know it 1/2 day is gone...

    Have a great week and thanks for stopping by!

    Doris and Gizzy :-)

    ReplyDelete