Saturday, July 24, 2010

Paintin' the Town...so to speak!


What a day!  I so hate shopping but to day was worth it!  Sandy and I (you know her from Sunflowerz Crochet & Sandy Sewz!) hit the town today checking out the local quilt and yarn shops!  We visited two quilt shops and two yarn shops and still have a list for our next girls day out!  It had been soooo long since I had been in a quilt shop it was like putting an alcoholic in a bar!  I was in shock!  The fabrics today are absolutely beautiful!  It almost makes me want to learn to sew! 

We saw so many cute samples of projects...quilts, totes and soooo much more!  Here is one sample of a tote we just have to make!  We each bought fabric and fixins' to make one! 


Isn't it cute? I don't have a picture of the
fabric I chose for this one because I
left it at Sandy's so she could make
it for me!

Here is another pattern we found and I could kick myself
for not taking a picture of their store sample...



Here is the fabric I chose for this tote,
the pictures do not show the insensity of the
fabric choices...



The squares will be these vibrant colors with the
lining and handles the green fabric.

And these are just some cute
fat quarters I picked up
for a project for the future!
So needless to say....
Miss Sandy is going to be busy!
(Have I said how much I luvvv her?!)



Look how cute they bagged our purchases! 




So... I must say, it was well worth the pain
I had to endure!
So stay tuned for the finished products!

                                                                              

2 comments:

  1. I had sooo much fun today... and I am so excited to start sewing our projects!! Thanks so much, can't wait till our next girls day out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what it looks like when youre done!

    ReplyDelete