Thursday, September 23, 2010

Look What I Got...





Well...why is it that I cannot go into a store
and come out with only the one thing I went in to buy?!!
I went into JoAnn's to get one crochet hook
and...let's see...
Two books, two crochet hooks & one pkg of chochet labels later...

Okay...I don't get out much so when I do...
I have to make up for it!
I used to really luuuvvvv shopping!
In the recent years I really dislike it, go figure!

Well...here are my goodies!



I hadn't bought a cross stitch magazine in several years
and it had some really cute ideas!
Wanted to check out new ideas and see what's out
there these days...



I came across this book and had to have it!
I had seen someone suggest this book and after
thumbing thru it, I can see why!
It has brought emboidery to the current century!
I will let you know just what cute things it has
once I get a chance to really look thru it!
I can already see some projects I would luv to try!



My hooks and labels!
I had seen these cute labels in my crochet and yarn
magazines and really luved them so I was
really excited when I saw them hanging on wall!
I had to have a package!

And finally...what I went to the store for...
I needed a size "L" crochet hook to try my Bernat project.
Hopefully this will work for my gauge swatch! 
The one on the left is a Susan Bates Crystalite hook
which is usually one of my favorite styles.
On the left is a Susan Bates with a Bamboo handle.
It is really pretty and wondered how it would handle.
So of course I had to buy it!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Well, I guess the only way to see if it's the right sized hook
is to quit blogging and get to crocheting!

Wish me luck!

                                                                    

1 comment:

  1. The doodle book looks great Becky...cant wait to see what you come up with yourself..and how fun to go out to the shops and get some exciting things rather than the usual groceries etc....hugs Khris

    ReplyDelete